Happy Thanksgiving 2014, y'all. I know a lot of people will be posting things that they're thankful for today, and I guess I'm no different. I love thankfulness. We're commanded many times to give thanks in everything and for everything that God sends our way, and when we do this, He gives us such joy. I think that's actually one of the biggest places you find joy: thanking God. With that in mind, this is my Thanksgiving post. I know I usually tend to be long-winded, but I'm just going to warn you in advance: I get really, really joyful sometimes.
- Thank You, Jesus, for the morning. I love waking early: it's so beautiful and peaceful. Currently I'm sitting by my window at our family farm, and the sunshine streaming through the blinds is more beautiful than I can bear. Anyone who reads this blog knows that I love the gold of sunlight, and right now it's just so beautiful and warm that I can hardly stand it.
- With that in mind, thank You for the beauty of Your creation. West Texas is so gorgeous and rugged it makes my heart hurt.
- Thank You for warmth.
- Thank You l for my family. Jesus, You know that in my home, our love language is teasing one another; You made it that way. In the words of my youngest brother Cooper, "If I don't make fun of you, I don't like you." Thank You for the joy and laughter we have when we're together. It's a beautiful thing to be with family: they know you the best and love you the most. I adore my family, and I'm so grateful for all the fun we have when we're together, and that when I'm with them, I'm safe.
- Thank You for my friends, all over the country. For three of my closest friends in the known universe, Becky, Liz, and Roxy, who have a category all their own and who have been with me through some pretty dark times. For the family that is my GC. It's so beautiful to have such family in Christ, and to be understood so deeply. For the way they keep me accountable. For my people from AIMS, and the way they continue to inspire me every day. That those friendships are lifelong, even though we don't see each other often. For my friends in the School of Music, too. Jesus, I'm so blessed to know all these people, and I can hardly believe that You've given them to me -- I don't nearly deserve them. Thank You so much for placing them in my life, and for the innumerable ways that they've blessed me.
- For music. Gosh, I love singing, and I can't believe I get to do it every day. Thank You for all the opportunities You've given me -- unmerited, undeserved, but so beautiful to me. Thank You for giving me the ability to sing.
- That You will not stop working in me until the day of Christ Jesus. That You will bring me to completion. That I'm not done yet.
- For my relationship with You, Jesus. Put simply, without You, I am nothing -- and You know this. Thank You for redeeming me from my darkest night so I could be near to You.
- For the way You're working in my life and the lives of all my friends. It's so beautiful to see what You're doing to those hearts so close to me. It makes me so excited.
- For the spirit of adventure You've put in my heart.
- For Your vastness, and that I can never fully understand You.
- For running.
- For Your joy that I can constantly claim: not a feeling, but a choice to claim what You've already given me.
Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. God is so, so good.